Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday, Eliot! 1/31

My big boy celebrated his 9th birthday!! Blair & I are still not sure how time has flown by so fast that we now have a 9yr old!

We had a little celebration at home, just us, his party will be in couple of weeks b/c he couldn't quite make up his mind what he wanted, he finally decided to have a laser tag party. We did take him out for birthday dinner at his favorite restaurant, Genghis Grill(yum!!), then went home for cake & presents.

The cake... so we went to the grocery store to pick out a little cake but all they had were Valentine's Day cakes! (people really buy V-day cakes 2 wks before V-day??) There was no way that E was going for a pink/hearts cake, I told him no to worry that we would make a cake, so he picked out the flavor (strawberry... his favorite!), the icing & the decorations. I baked the cake & the boys had a good time decorating it, in fact, Eliot said that it was the best cake he's ever had!

Blair took over the candles... E actually thought the huge candle was pretty funny. Silly boys!

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! That is so fun, letting him help with the cake. I think I might do that on Brookelyn's actual birthdays from now on, since I make the one for her party. LOVE the huge candle! That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's cool about that? He'll probably remember this birthday cake more than any store bought one! That's how memories are made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is one BIG candle!! and I agree with Karly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you're not old enough to have a nine year old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I do believe he will remember this bday cake like Karly said :o)

    Pam, you're too sweet! Believe me girl, I'm a lot older than how I act... hehe.

    ReplyDelete